Sustrans are working with Bath and North East Somerset Council as part of the Cycling Ambitions Fund 2 (CAF) to consider how walking and cycling in several areas throughout Bath could be improved. We will be engaging directly with local communities in order to understand the needs and aspirations of those living and working within the project areas.
As part of this process, Sustrans and BANES will be holding a number on-street events and running an online interactive map, giving people the opportunity to tell them what is currently stopping them from walking and cycling and which routes they use at the moment.
We would value your input into this process so please do come along to the events or log onto the online mapping tool and record your views.
Please find details of the Bear Flat event attached, I will be sending details of the London Road event in the next few days but for reference it will be held on Thursday 26th of January from 3pm until 6pm.
I would be very grateful if you could pass the details on to any groups or individuals you think would find this of interest and please do get in touch if you require any further information.
If we truly truly want to “get people out of cars” then we need to provide an environment that is built from the ground up to prioritise the safety and convenience of people walking and cycling. This video explains Vison Zero, an approach to road design that has been adopted in the USA and most scandinavian countries.
Apologies for the late notification. Meeting at the Guild next to the Guildhall http://www.theguildhub.co.uk/en
– Cycle Map primary, secondary, and tertiary route classification in preparation for Local Cycling Walking Infrastructure Plans that the council will need to consider publishing in the new year. https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1TNfz2RC7Y5l_pJAuGun8o2fa-CmNbKvcJl9Gb9tyqfo/edit
– https://www.jointplanningwofe.org.uk/consult.ti develop official response.
– Campaigns for the new year.
– Potentially, if there is time, discuss the ‘Living Heart’ Proposal https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Fq0y0lAWJlLXvHvd_5wqTu8a8BEcJ05rN9I5G7v9wDA/edit
- Sustrans follow-up work on their 3 year old report – Adam and Julian were supposed to be invited to join the steering group
- BathBridge – www.bathbridge.co.uk/…/bath-alliance-for-transport-and-pub…/ – the way ahead?
- CAG funding – all to be spent on the new Bath Quays bridge-to-nowhere? CycleBath position?
Note that the guild hub offers soft drinks (50p per can) or free coffee. If you want to drink alcohol, please bring your own 😉
See you there.
The local farmer closes the path for his annual pheasant shoots on the dates listed. (Nov. 5th is a Saturday). Note the alternative route for walkers can get very muddy.